HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITHOUT LOSING YOUR SOUL
Main Thought:
Money is not the goal of life, but learning how to create value, work faithfully, manage wisely, and honor God can help us become financially responsible and useful.
Introduction
Everybody wants to make money.
But the better question is not simply, “How can I get money?”
The better question is:
“How can I become a person who can create value, earn honestly, manage wisely, and use money responsibly?”
The Bible does not teach us to be lazy, nor does it teach us that money will automatically come because we are Christians.
Proverbs 10:4 (NASB):
“Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, But the hand of the diligent makes rich.”
Notice the balance: diligence matters.
Making money is not primarily about luck. It is about character, skills, value, discipline, and wise decisions.
Let me give you three practical principles.
1. MAKE MONEY BY SOLVING PROBLEMS
If you want to make money, learn to solve problems.
People are willing to pay for something that makes their life easier, faster, better, safer, or more convenient.
A business exists because it solves a problem.
A barber solves the problem of grooming.
A mechanic solves transportation problems.
A teacher solves learning problems.
A farmer produces food.
A contractor builds houses.
A graphic designer solves communication and design problems.
A technician repairs things people cannot repair themselves.
So instead of asking:
“What can I sell?”
Ask:
“What problem can I solve?”
That changes your mindset.
Practical application:
Learn a skill.
You can learn:
• cooking
• baking
• graphic design
• video editing
• photography
• bookkeeping
• construction skills
• computer skills
• online selling
• digital marketing
• repair and technical skills
• teaching or tutoring
You don't have to start with a big business.
Start with a useful skill.
Proverbs 22:29 says:
“Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before kings.”
Skill creates opportunity.
You don't need to be rich to start. But you need to become useful.
2. MAKE MONEY THROUGH HARD WORK AND CONSISTENCY
The second principle is work.
We live in a generation that loves shortcuts.
“Get rich quick.”
“Easy money.”
“Passive income without effort.”
“Make thousands while sleeping.”
Be careful.
There are legitimate ways to build wealth, but generally speaking, sustainable income requires work, value, patience, and consistency.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 (NASB):
“If anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either.”
The Bible respects work.
Christianity does not make laziness spiritual.
Prayer is important.
Faith is important.
But sometimes people are praying for what they are supposed to work for.
You can pray:
“Lord, give me provision.”
But then the Lord may answer:
“I gave you hands. I gave you a mind. I gave you opportunities. Now work.”
Remember this:
Pray like everything depends on God, but work like you are responsible for what God has placed in your hands.
Don't despise small beginnings.
Maybe your first business makes only ₱500.
Learn from it.
Maybe your first customer is only one person.
Serve that customer well.
Maybe your first salary is small.
Learn to manage it.
Small income managed well can become a foundation for greater responsibility.
Consistency is powerful.
One customer today.
Another tomorrow.
One skill improved today.
Another skill improved tomorrow.
One peso saved today.
Another peso saved tomorrow.
Over time, small things become significant.
3. MAKE MONEY, BUT LEARN HOW TO KEEP AND MANAGE IT
This is where many people fail.
Making money and managing money are two different skills.
Some people know how to earn ₱50,000 but don't know how to manage ₱50,000.
They increase their income, but they also increase their lifestyle.
More income.
More expenses.
More wants.
More debt.
And they remain financially stressed.
So don't only learn how to make money.
Learn how to manage money.
Four simple practices:
First, live below your income.
If you earn ₱30,000, don't immediately build a lifestyle that requires ₱35,000.
Second, save consistently.
Saving is not about how much you earn; it is also about developing discipline.
Third, avoid unnecessary debt.
Not all debt is automatically evil, but careless borrowing can destroy financial freedom.
Fourth, be generous.
Money is a tool, not your master.
Proverbs 11:25 (NASB):
“The generous man will be prosperous, And he who waters will himself be watered.”
As Christians, our goal is not simply:
“How much money can I accumulate?”
Our question should also be:
“How can God use what He has entrusted to me?”
A SIMPLE FORMULA
Let me give you a practical formula:
SKILL → VALUE → WORK → INCOME → MANAGEMENT → GENEROSITY
Skill makes you capable.
Value makes you useful.
Work produces results.
Income gives you resources.
Management gives you stability.
Generosity gives your money a higher purpose.
That is a much healthier approach than simply chasing money.
Final Challenge
If you want to make more money, don't begin by asking:
“Who will give me money?”
Ask:
“What can I learn?”
“What problem can I solve?”
“What value can I create?”
“How can I work more effectively?”
“How can I manage what I already have?”
And most importantly:
“How can I honor God with what He puts in my hands?”
Remember:
Money is a good servant but a terrible master.
We don't work merely to become rich.
We work to provide for ourselves and our families, to become responsible, to bless others, to support God's work, and to fulfill the responsibilities God has entrusted to us.
Closing Statement
Don't chase money. Build character. Build skills. Create value. Work diligently. Manage wisely. Give generously.
And as you grow, remember:
God is not only interested in how much is in your wallet; He is interested in who you are becoming while you handle what is in your hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment