When You’re Faithful, Favor Finds You
What is the favor of God, and how can I get it?
The best definition of the word favor is “demonstrated delight.” The favor of God can be described as “tangible evidence that a person has the approval of the Lord.”
When we favor someone, we want to be with him or her. We delight in him. We connect with her in a way we don’t connect with everyone.
We usually favor people who also favor us. In the same way, God shows favor to the ones who delight in, connect with, and give honor to Him.
Him. Isaiah 66:2 says, “These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word
Second Chronicles 16:9 says, “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong on behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him” (KJV).
To be “perfect” toward Him means we seek His favor more than we seek the favor of anyone else, even ourselves.
It says, “Elijah went over to him and threw his cloak across his shoulders and then walked away.” He didn’t stay around to see if Elisha caught it.
I don’t have to be friends with you to have your favor. We don’t have to go on vacation together to be able to carry favor.
It said he walked away.
1 Kings 19:19-21 – New Living Translation (continued)
The Call of Elisha
… 20 Elisha left the oxen standing there, ran after Elijah, and said to him, “First let me go and kiss my father and mother good-bye, and then I will go with you!”
I don’t know what you just did, I don’t know how this church service will change your life, I don’t know what this means, but let me go and kiss my parents goodbye and go with you. He was going to follow the favor.
1 Kings 19:19-21 – New Living Translation (continued)
The Call of Elisha
…Elijah replied, “Go on back, but think about what I have done to you.”
Elijah had him go back and think about the favor that was just placed on his life.
If you want to stay there, stay, but if you come back, we’re stepping into a new level of living.
After this message, God may have you look back at something one more time, but when you come back, think about the favor He has placed on your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment